Router Cascading might be needed if the Current Network has to add more routers to the existing Network. Router cascading might be difficult if you do not know how to perform it. If you want to know about Router cascading then, this tutorial article is for you. You can read this article and learn how to access router without any problems. You should not connect the router to the main router before configuring it.
Steps To Cascade A Router To Another Router
Here is a step-by-step guide to access router settings. Follow the instruction to successfully set up cascade Router network.
- Attach your Router with your system.
- Next, set up your router with the LAN to LAN connection.
- Take the second router and connect it to the computer.
- After that, you can shut down your system and then plug to any of the numbered ports in the back of the Router.
- Now, plug the supplied power adapter to the Router and configure the Router with LAN to LAN connection.
- Then, open the Second router’s Web-based Setup page.
- In the Setup page open the DHCP Server and click on the Disable option.
- Next, Save the Settings. Thereafter, click on “Advanced Routing” and change the Operating Mode to Router.
- Again click on Save to save the settings.
- Now you have to connect the Ethernet network cable to the Ethernet ports on the Router in the place of the modem connection.
- Next, connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port which you have recently configured.
Cascade Router To Another Router(Internet-LAN)
You need to Perform these steps to cascade routers through Internet-LAN.
- Attach your system with the router.
- Configuring the Router with Internet-to-LAN Connection.
- You have to Shutdown the computer and plug it to any of the numbered ports at the back of the second router.
- In the next step, you have to plug in the supplied power adapter to the router and configure the router settings with Internet-to–LAN Connection
- Next, you will have to the access to the router’s web-based setup page
- Here, you have to set the IP address of the Routers. Try to give consecutive numbers for the two routers.
- Click on save settings.
- Lastly, you have to connect the Ethernet network cable to the Ethernet ports on the main router, where the modem is connected and configure the router.
Besides this information, you should also know how to change WIFI password which is also very important.